Friday 10 October 2014

Two days ago I was sourcing for DIY projects on how to make my own planner, for 2015, and I came across a few beautiful websites that gave me some inspiration and ideas, and just wanted to share the process of how I made my very own planner. 

One of these was from Ariana Browning, with a life-saving tutorial on how to make a scrapbook with ring binders, cardboard/envelope boxes/parcels from scratch.

It's great to be able to reuse stuff, and I found some handy cardboard chucked away in the storeroom - perfect to begin with as the cover for my planner. 

So yeah, I took a bit (maybe not) of time to cut the cardboard into my desired size, and well it turned out okay. The cover of the book is about 8 1/4" by 7". (Yes, it's a weird size but I had to make do with the limited cardboard I was given!)

Afterwards I covered the whole book with white paper, so that the book would look good overall after the final wrap - yes, I squealed at the choices of wrapping papers at the store when I was choosing one for the planner. 

Below is how the book looks like half-covered and half-finished. 





I had a hard time choosing between these lovely wrappers. I felt that a 'girly' and pink kind of planner would probably suit me more and provide me with more ideas so... I chose the one on the left! 


Believe me, the wrapping process was not pleasant at all. It was pretty hard to wrap the whole book in fact. But the result was pretty worth it and finally, after hours of fixing everything up: 

 MY VERY OWN PLANNER!  yay. 

 Front cover! For this, I punched the corners using Martha Stewart's punches. I think it really adds some speciality to the whole look.


I also decided to make some dividers for my planner, dividing it into four main sections.



 And here are the planner pages that I currently have! These cute pages are free 2015 planner printables from The Handmade Home. I printed it in black and white and on hand cut paper that measures about 7" by 5.5". Absolutely loving these designs.

More updates to be coming up!

[UPDATE: 12.10.14] : I added a pretty paper bag (from my previous post!) and a small pretty heart made with gold glitter.
Just add liquid glue all around your punched heart/any heart cutouts you have and dip it into glitter! Some parts might not be able to stick to the glitter well but you can just add more glue and dip it in again. Perfect embellishment!

 Here's a close up..

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Cheryl.

I love crafts and everything artsy.

0 comments